The Peak Dispensary
- websites, including thepeakok.com, along with any and all branded websites for each of the brands of The Peak Group, and other websites operated by The Peak and the services available through such websites (together, our “Websites”);
- mobile applications, social media properties and other online services;
- events and business development activities; and
- communications and other online and offline business interactions.
- Collection of Information
A. Sources of Information
We may collect personal information directly, indirectly (or automatically), and from third parties. For example, The Peak collects and uses personal information when individuals register for our Peak Rewards program, purchase products from us, visit our Websites or other channels, communicate with us, submit inquiries to us, and or otherwise interact with us. In addition, in order to purchase cannabis from one of our medical use Websites or retail locations, we may also collect and receive information from authorized third parties such as state regulatory agencies, compliance organizations, referral sources, and/or caregivers. We also may automatically collect information about individuals, including visitors to our Websites (via cookies, pixels, and similar technologies).
In general, the personal information we collect includes but is not limited to: (i) full name, address, email address, phone number, and other contact information; (ii) date of birth, gender and other demographic details; (iii) medical marijuana license number or other required compliance information; (iv) payment information, order and shipping information; (v) purchase information including products, product types, volume and price of purchase, and time and manner of purchase when provided; (vi) account and profile data; your preferences and feedback on our products, services and Websites; (vii) purchasing history and product preferences; (viii) messaging information including your consent or acceptance of receiving certain messages, and the content of messages sent to or by you; (ix) loyalty rewards points and similar information concerning any of The Peak’s loyalty or other rewards programs you participate in; (x) general usage information associated with your use of the Websites and applications including access times, IP address, page views, and similar usage information; (xi) web and application usage and analytics information including those collected through any analytics services utilized by The Peak or its vendors and partners; and (xii) any other information you send to use through communications including email, telephone, website form, or otherwise.
Most of the personal information we collect from you is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations, provide our services to you or to fulfil your request or orders. For example, in order to fulfil your cannabis order from one of the menus on our Websites, we are required to collect certain documentation, including your medical cannabis patient information and other medical records; if you do not provide us with any legally required information, you may be unable to make a cannabis purchase from The Peak.
B. Information We Collect
The Peak may collect personal information directly from individuals as follows:
- Visits to our Websites : In order to access our Websites, we may require you to enter your date of birth and jurisdiction of residence to verify that you are a licensed medical cannabis patient, confirm that you are of the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, and/or other requirements necessary for us to meet any legal or regulatory requirements.
- Registration to Purchase Cannabis for Medical Use: To purchase medical cannabis from our medical use Websites or retail locations, you will be required to register as a patient or caregiver by creating an account and completing a patient or caregiver registration form. When you register, The Peak will collect personal information including but not limited to your username and password, as well as the information you provide on the patient or caregiver registration form. On the patient registration form, The Peak may collect personal information such as your first and last name, date of birth, phone number, email address, gender, shipping address, mailing address, residential address, or related information. The Peak will use this information to confirm your registration status, issue a username and password and/or to maintain your registered account. You must keep your username and password secure and not share it with anyone else either within or outside your organization. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (such as letters, phone calls or email messages). We may also collect other information where necessary for our business operations, in accordance with requirements under applicable law.
- Payment Information: If applicable, when you purchase a product or service through our Websites, we (or our authorized third-party payment processor) may collect your payment information (including billing address, credit card number, expiry data and CVV code) in order to process the transaction.
- Marketing Communications: You may sign-up to receive email, text message, push notification, mobile application alerts, or other marketing communications from The Peak. Marketing communications may include but are not limited to newsletters, emails, text messages, confirmatory messaging, status updates and other order-related messaging, promotional messages, or special offers on products and services by providing us with your contact information. You can unsubscribe at any time from any or all of these communications. Please note that you may continue to receive transactional or account-related communications from us while we process your request.
- Feedback: We may collect and use customer feedback about our products and services to better understand our customers and enhance our product and service offerings.
- Interactive Services: We collect information when you post a review or share information with other users on our Websites or through social media. We may also collect a username under which your review or comments will be posted. Your review may also be made publicly available on our or third parties websites, such as Yelp, Weedmaps, or Google.
- Surveys and Customer Research: In order to improve our processes, products, and service offerings, The Peak may from time to time offer you the opportunity to participate in one of our surveys or other customer research. Unless otherwise noted, the information obtained through the surveys and customer research is used in an aggregated and non-personally identifiable form (“Aggregated Data”). The purposes for which we use this data include, without limitation, better understanding the needs and wants of our customers and users.
- Careers: If you apply for a job with The Peak, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as information contained in a resume, cover letter, aptitude exams, a background check, or similar employment-related materials. We use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities.
- Contact Us: When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint through chat, email, telephone, or the contact us forms on our Websites, you may be asked for information that identifies you, such as your name, email address and a telephone number, along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and service offerings.
C. Information We May Receive From Third Parties
As described herein, we may receive information about you from third parties:
Patient Information Provided by Regulatory Agencies. To legally purchase cannabis for medical use, The Peak will also require that you submit your Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (“OMMA”) patient status and license number, your first and last name, and date of birth. The Peak collects this information to confirm your legal status and fulfill the purchase of your medical cannabis.
No Information From Children Under Age 18. Our Websites, services, and applications are not directed to children or any person under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 18, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe we have collected Personal Information from someone under age 18, please email us at email@example.com.
Other Third Parties. We may collect or receive certain information about individuals from service providers, and other third parties, such as social media sites (for example when you interact with us or our content on these sites, as well as other public sources and records.
D. Information We Collect Automatically or Otherwise
When you interact with us and use our Websites, we may automatically collect certain information about you and your devices and interactions, including:
- AlpineIQ, for marketing and analytics concerning our Peak Rewards program, customer purchasing history, marketing communications, and related data. More information on how AlpineIQ uses this data. You can also Change your Data Preferences with AlpineIQ.
- Hubspot, for marketing and analytics concerning our website. More information on how Hubspot uses this data.
Do Not Track Signals: This website does not respond to Do Not Track ("DNT") signals. Third party applications and plugins, such as social media integrations, may treat DNT signals differently.
Analytics and Targeting: We may work with third party providers to collect analytics about how individuals use our Websites and our marketing campaigns.
- How We Use Your Personal Information
A. Purposes of Processing
Generally, we collect, use, disclose and process the personal information that we collect for the following purposes:
- Providing Support and Services: To operate our Websites, provide our Services, communicate with you about your use of the Websites or Services, provide troubleshooting and technical support, respond to your inquiries, fulfill your orders and requests, process your payments, communicate with you, and for similar service and support purposes. This includes communications to respond to your inquiries, fulfill your orders and requests, and otherwise consider or process your request.
- Personalization: To tailor content we may send or display to you, including to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions on our Websites and Apps, and to otherwise personalize your experiences.
- Direct Marketing: For direct marketing purposes, including to send you newsletters, text messages, emails, push notifications, or similar client alerts and information we think may interest you. If you are located in a jurisdiction that requires opt-in consent to receive electronic marketing messages, we will only send you such messages if you opt-in to receive them.
- Complying with Legal and Regulatory Obligations: For compliance with legal obligations under local laws, including regulatory obligations, data protection, tax, accounting and corporate compliance requirements, or any other requirements necessary to comply with our legal, regulatory and compliance obligation. For example, to verify an individual’s status as a current OMMA-licensed Patient.
- Analytics and Improvement: To better understand how users access and use our Website, products and Services, and for other research and analytical purposes, such as to evaluate and improve our products and services and business operations, and to verify that orders are being fulfilled and tracked in compliance with the Cannabis Act or any other applicable local legislation.
- General Business Operations: Where necessary, for the administration of our general business, accounting, recordkeeping, audit, compliance and legal functions.
- Anonymous and De-identified information: We create and use anonymous and de-identified information to assess, improve and develop our business, products and services, and for similar research and analytics purposes.
- Sharing of Personal Information
The Peak does not sell or rent your personal information, nor share it with third parties for their own marketing purposes, without your consent. We may disclose personal information described below or as required or permitted by applicable law:
- Service Providers: Your personal information may be transferred (or otherwise made available) to third parties that provide services on our behalf. We use service providers to provide services such as hosting the Website, processing payments and orders, providing advertising and marketing services, and providing professional advice. Our service providers are only provided with the information they need to perform their designated functions and are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
- Legal and Compliance: We may disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable law or legal process. Your personal information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
- Sale of Business: We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a proposed or completed merger, acquisition or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of The Peak or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
- Protect and Defend Rights: Where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us, enforce or administer our agreements and terms, or for fraud prevention, risk assessment and investigation, and to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of The Peak, our clients and customers, or others.
- Third Party Links
- Your Rights and Choices
You have certain rights regarding your personal information which we hold, as well as choices regarding marketing communications.
A. Access and Correction
You are entitled, with certain legal restrictions, to access, update, correct and review your personal information in our custody and control. Such legal restrictions include, without limitation, where the information contains personal information of third parties or is subject to attorney-client privilege. We will respond within a reasonable timeframe to all such requests for access and revision and either provide access to the personal information or, if permissible, explain why access is denied.
Accurate personal information is required for efficient and effective delivery of products and services. You may contact the Privacy Officer using the contact information provided above to modify or correct any personal information. Corrections will be made within a commercially reasonable timeframe.
Requests for access to personal information must be made to our Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
B. Marketing Choices
As indicated above, if you have signed-up to receive our marketing communications, you can unsubscribe any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of the communication. Alternatively, you can opt-out of receiving our marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information under “Contact Us” below.
- Contact Us
The Peak Dispensary
ATTN: Privacy Officer
3705 W Memorial Rd, Ste 310
Oklahoma City, OK 73134
by email to: email@example.com
Any complaints received regarding The Peak’s or its service providers’ use or handling of personal information will be investigated within a reasonable timeframe. Upon concluding the investigation, the Privacy Officer will respond to the complaint and, if necessary, The Peak will take appropriate measures to rectify the situation and maintain compliance with applicable law.
The controller and responsible entity for your personal information is Initech TPS Ventures, LLC, and where you interact directly with another The Peak Group entity, they will also be a controller of your personal information, together with Initech TPS Ventures, LLC. As noted above, this Policy applies to The Peak and its affiliates and subsidiaries; data subjects may exercise their rights regarding their personal information that we process pursuant to this Policy by contacting The Peak online, by email or by mail, as set forth above.
- Updated 08.02.2022 -